Monday, October 27, 2008

Sri Vishnu Sahasra Namamu

Title: Sri Vishnu Sahasra Namamu (Telugu)
Sub-Title: Nama Ratna malika
Commentator: Swami Sundara Chaitanyananda
Publisher: Sarvajna Cultural Trust, Sundara Chaitanya Asramam
ISBN: Nil
Language: Telugu (Original Sanskrit Slokas in Telugu with commentary)
Presentation: Hard Bound with a color Dust Jacket
No. of Pages: 500 approx.
Price: Rs. 100/-

I received this book from my good friend Shri Vishnu Prasad through another good friend Shri KVR Rao of Telugu Bhakti Pages (http://www.telugubhakti.com/). I went through the book many times and found the book useful. Swami Sundara Chaitanyananda is well known to many telugu people and his commentary and explanation adds value to the Sri Vishnu Sahasra Nama Stotra, which is part of Sri Maha Bharat, authored by Sage Veda Vyasa. Sri Vishnu Sahasra Nama Stotra is well known to all devotees and needs no introduction. It is available in Sanskrit and several indian languages, with several commentaries by many learned scholars right from Sri Adi Sankara.

The present book will help devotees gain a deeper understanding of the various names of Sri Vishnu, the preserving aspect of God in the Hindu religion. Vishnu means all pervading and His thousand names bring out the various qualities. Listening to and reading of Sri Vishnu Sahasra Nama Stotra is a sure means of getting His grace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is awesome! thank you for posting. The reviews are really helpful because I am able to compare the books. In fact, there are e-books which I can purchase and compare online. I had my friends access your page too. Really helpful though!

Unknown said...

Wow this is awesome! thank you for posting. The reviews are really helpful because I am able to compare the books. In fact, there are e-books which I can purchase and compare online. I had my friends access your page too. Really helpful though!

Buy Indian Books